Re: Amendment: invariant-less in main (Re: GR Proposal: GFDL statement)

Merle Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Would ftpmasters and mirror operators be able to "either include a
> machine-readable Transparent copy along with each Opaque copy, or
> [...] ensure that this Transparent copy will remain thus accessible
> at the stated location until at least one year after the last time
> you distribute an Opaque copy (directly or through your agents or
> retailers) of that edition to the public" anyway? I thought similar
> source distribution requirements were a practical problem just now?

Yes. It just requires a policy stating that each binary package must
include a transparent copy. This isn't terribly difficult, it's just
irritating.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org
My preferred name is "you"