Re: seconds searched for override of resolution 007 needed.

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 07:05:54PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:02:10 +0200, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
>
> > Well, i blame Manoj (not wearing his secretary hat) for doing the
> > call for vote, after i had made the final proposal, proposal which
> > should have been consensual, and Manoj (as-DD) was aware off, and
> > even helped with the wording.
>
> > I blame Manoj (wearing his secretary hat) for actually following
> > through on the vote, knowing there was an important proposal
> > missing, as he has done in the past, and his power as secretary
> > allowed.
>
> > This comes from an evident conflict of interest, for Manoj being at
> > the same time proposer of the amdendment in question, doing the call
> > for vote, being the secretary, and holding the delegation of the DPL
> > to shorten the vote.
>
>         At this point, can we have someone volunteer tos end anything
>  germane that sven says to me separately?  I can not longer tolerate
>  the abuse; so either someone moderates sven's official mail on voting
>  related issues to me, or I'll regretfully have to stop being the
>  secretary.

Manoj, first, sorry, this was intented to be a private email.

But that said, you did indeed decide to hurry up the vote, and this resulted
in a ballot which was not complete. And the explanation you gave for it where
that you believed, like Steve Langasek also said, that i acted in bad faith,
and did not speak for the kernel team on this, and believed the proposal did
not reach enough seconds.

Steve Langasek replied to the DPL it was not right to start the vote on the
ballot, and you perfectly know i asked you the same, numerous time, on irc and
here.

>         My intentions are to drop every communication sven send to any
>  mailing list or irc channel.

So you are incapable of responding to the above accusations, to admit you
blundered on this one, and so you have to destroy me further in order to get
out with the head high.

You already did this almost a year ago, over the ramdisk generator issues. Oh
well, i know what to expect from you now.

Finally, notice that i am not the first one which critics your work as
secretary, the "cosmetical changes" where highly criticized back then, you got
remarks about the "amend the constitution" short title about the asset
handling GR, you got apparently highly flamed by someone (Steve ?) about not
including the rationale in the vote content, to a point you decided to ask
extra effort from proposers beyond what is in the constitution. you also got
some critic about the form of one of these ballots, which generated a 10+ long
thread i didn't really read.

Manoj, you do a great job as secretary, everyone thinks so, but you are also
only human, and it is normal you make mistakes from time to time, especially
in cases as stressfull as the recent times. It is normal for folk around you
to tell you about them, but it is a bit strange to see you go into full
counter-attack mode when someone tells you about those issues.

Friendly,

Sven Luther