Re: seconds searched for override of resolution 007 needed. (Was: [PROPOSAL] Final consensual proposal for the problematic firmware issue in the linux kernel sources.)

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:51:11PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:08:13PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > This is a new proposal, which was not in the ballot, because Manoj hurried the
> > election along the way, while he knew the kernel team was working on a better
> > proposal.
>
> Please do not blame our secretary for following the constitution.  You
> only have yourself to blame that it didn't make it on the ballot.

Well, i blame Manoj (not wearing his secretary hat) for doing the call for
vote, after i had made the final proposal, proposal which should have been
consensual, and Manoj (as-DD) was aware off, and even helped with the wording.

I blame Manoj (wearing his secretary hat) for actually following through on
the vote, knowing there was an important proposal missing, as he has done in
the past, and his power as secretary allowed.

This comes from an evident conflict of interest, for Manoj being at the same
time proposer of the amdendment in question, doing the call for vote, being
the secretary, and holding the delegation of the DPL to shorten the vote.

> > Have you actually read the resolution which was voted ? Have you voted for it,
> > and if so i am interested in knowing what you thought you where voting for.
>
> Yes I voted for it, and no I didn't read any of the proposals, I
> just placed some random numbers in front of the choises.

Nice, so, i want to know what you think is the effect of the resolution you
voted ? Will we keep the non-free firmwares, or not, some of them, and if so
which ? And what is it you actually wanted.

> But I did not compare what we voted on and your proposol, I wrongly
> assumed that you were talking about that, so it made little sense to me.

Ok, please read this mail :

  http://wiki.debian.org/KernelFirmwareLicensing?action=show#head-c26dd537094f806af748898fb0c8c512c99e4be4

Which should make all the differences very clear.

> I'm sorry if I don't always read what you say, you tend to write too
> much, and repeat yourself too much, and I don't have the time to read
> it and find out what changed.

Sure, which is why i started new threads for important stuff, and why i tried
to send the above to d-d-a, but someone along the way diverted it. Not sure
why, and if they abused their powers to do so though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther