Re: seconds searched for override of resolution 007 needed. (Was: [PROPOSAL] Final consensual proposal for the problematic firmware issue in the linux kernel sources.)

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 10:07:02AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, since the proposal in its amended by Manoj form passed, we need to add an
> amendment to this proposal, accordying to Manoj, so that we don't have two
> proposals in effect at the same time, leaving it a full mess.

Which 2 proposals are in effect that conflict?  We only had 1 vote on
this as far as I know, so I don't see how it can conflict.

> So, i propose this amendment, as discussed with Manoj, and need your seconds
> on this one too.
>
> === START OF PROPOSAL ===
[...]
>   5. We further note that some of these firmware do not have individual license,
>      and thus implicitly fall under the generic linux kernel GPL license.
>      We will include these firmware in Debian Etch and review them after the
>      release. Vendors of such firmware may wish to investigate the licensing
>      terms, and make sure the GPL distribution conditions are respected,
>      especially with regards to source availability.
>
>   6. We will include those firmware into the debian linux kernel package as well
>      as the installer components (.udebs) used by the debian-installer.
> ==== END OF PROPOSAL ====
>
> Only change, is the addition of clause 0. which states the override. I am not
> totally satisfied by this text, so if someone has a better idea, it would be
> nice.

Atleast points 5 and 6 aren't in GR we voted on either.

Kurt