Re: Call for votes (Was: kernel firmwares: GR proposal)

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 06:40:41PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > 2. We acknowledge that there is a lot of progress in the kernel firmware
> > issue; however, it is not yet finally sorted out;
>
> So, what progress has been made?

For example:

- the firmware_class infrastructure has been added in more than 100
  drivers (as of 2.6.17)

- the qla2xxx firmware has been dropped from the kernel sources, and is
  now shiped on ftp.qlogic.com

- new drivers for devices requiring a firmware to be uploaded during
  initialization are included without embedded firmware (for example the
  ipw3945 driver, or aic94xx which has just been added in 2.6.19-rc)

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG