Re: Call for votes (Was: kernel firmwares: GR proposal)

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:48:49AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:56:40PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:

> > > So, what progress has been made?

> > All firmwarez have been readded to the debian package.

> But with this amendment, they will have to go again anyway, so ...

As we've discussed on IRC, 4 of the 6 firmware blobs reintroduced in 2.6.18
apparently have no license statement whatsoever that is intended to permit
us to redistribute them, *even* in non-free.  So they should go away
regardless of the kind of exception the project grants for etch.