Re: Splitting out Choice #1 from vote_004

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> I like the idea, but it eliminates some choices for the voter. With this
> setup, it is not possible to prioritize the firmware removal over the
> release, while still considering other options acceptable. How would I
> be able to express the following:
>         [ 1 ] DFSG #2 applies to all programmatic works
>         [ 3 ] Release Etch even with kernel freeware issues.
>         [ 2 ] Special exception to DFSG#2 for firmware as long as required [needs 3:1]
>         [ 4 ] further discussion
> with the separate ballot you are proposing?

If the first option wins on your all-in-one ballot, we would still need
a second vote to get an exception for etch.  At least a minority does
for sure want such an exception, therefore there will always be someone
proposing GRs for the exception as long as there is no separate ballot.
So better create a separate one in the first place

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)