Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

#include <hallo.h>
* Peter Samuelson [Sat, Aug 26 2006, 05:35:00AM]:

> [Eduard Bloch]
> > >       iiii. Ship a separate non-free CD.
> >
> > > 	 * Does bad things to our CD/DVD disk space requirements.
> >
> > How? Basedebs take about 40MB. I think there is a plenty of space on the
> > non-free CD for those, together with udebs and boot images.
>
> Because it implies that we provide 2 copies each of the business card,
> netinst, full CD number 1, and full DVD number 1, for every
> architecture.

No. We just keep providing the official free images. And someone else will
provide the non-free variants. This scenario would reflect exactly the
situation that already exists WRT Debian as in (free) "Debian" and Debian as in
"Debian + non-free + even-more-evil-external-non-distributable repositories".

Eduard.

--
Erfahrung heißt gar nichts. Man kann seine Sache auch 35 Jahre
schlecht machen.