Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

Hrm, maybe this thread should move elsewhere.

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 05:35:00AM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Eduard Bloch]
> > >       iiii. Ship a separate non-free CD.
> >
> > > 	 * Does bad things to our CD/DVD disk space requirements.
> >
> > How? Basedebs take about 40MB. I think there is a plenty of space on the
> > non-free CD for those, together with udebs and boot images.
>
> Because it implies that we provide 2 copies each of the business card,
> netinst, full CD number 1, and full DVD number 1, for every
> architecture.

We could concentrate on building just e.g. the netinst ISO with broken
out firmware, only duplicating things there.  People could still
download the full regular CD1 if they need it and use apt-cdrom after a
netinst-install.

Michael