Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 07:23, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 06:56:43AM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> > AFAICT the DPL already does authorise such expenses
> > now.  So, why is it so complicated to just drop a line on some mailing
> > list when this is done?
>
> That's not at all complicated, but that alone doesn't solve the problem
> that bothers me most.

Ah, ok.  I was, indeed, focusing on the expenses stuff.  But I see what you
meen, now.

> FWIW, I don't count one guy maintaining some web pages to make the
> information easily accessible as bureaucracy. :)

Ok, you got me here... :-)  But more effort than I perceived was necessary
for a simple task.  But taking your view into account, I can see that you'd
want a person doing this stuff, and certainly wouldn't want to stand in
Kalle's way, having a good overview of Debian's assets is certainly
necessary.

> [0] Personally, I'd rather see expenditures listed on their own (public)
>     website than posted to -private or -project or -devel-announce. YMMV,
>     though I don't think I've seen any suggestions.

d-d-a and d-project are quite high profile, so I agree that we probably
shouldn't use these for purely administrative messages.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Protect your privacy - encrypt your email: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro