Re: Code of conduct, question to all candidates

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 01:18:39AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
>
> > At this point, I am not in favour of such code. I am in favour of giving
> > general guidelines and but not to enforce them.  People should follow
> > them because they agree with them but not because they are forced to.
> > Not the least, that provides a reality check to the guidelines.
>
> What do you believe should be done about people who refuse to follow
> such guidelines?

If some developers state they refuse to follow the proposed guidelines,
we should discuss with them and try to improve the guidelines.

The important being that Debian as a group follows the guidelines, not
that such and such developers do it.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.