Re: QFAC - SPI

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:02:37PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> I admit I haven't read the platforms as thoroughly as I should've, so
> forgive if it was covered...
>
> IIRC nobody talked about SPI in their platform.  Is SPI important for
> Debian?  What is Debian's current relationship with SPI, and should it be
> different?

I am SPI contributing member and I am unregularly attending SPI monthly
IRC meetings since roughly the I joined Debian.

SPI is special because it is mentionned in the Debian constitution,
most importantly in 7.2:

   If the Project Leader and the current Project Secretary cannot agree
   on a new appointment they must ask the board of SPI (see §9.1.) to
   appoint a Secretary.

Debian is well represented within SPI since the President and most
of the board are Debian developers, and more than two hundreds Debian
developers are SPI contributing members.

What limits the relationship between Debian and SPI in my view is that
Debian operate world-wide but various regulations impede SPI actions
outside the US, in particular the cost of international money transfers.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.