Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

>> I'm glad you enjoyed.  It was a great fun.  But, you know, since I'm not
>> subscribed to -legal, I had to find another way.  There was a choice between
>> simply closing the silly bug, or playing a bit with extremists for free (as
>> beer!!!)
>
> Yeah, um, if you had closed the bug, I would have reopened it immediately.
> Unless you persuade the release managers that the GFDL complies with the
> DFSG, amend the DFSG so that it *does* comply, or invoke the technical
> committee, this is a release-critical issue for etch as listed on
> <http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt>; playing BTS tennis isn't
> going to make that go away.   I'm sorry, but whether something is a
> release-critical bug is just not your decision to make personally.

I did not do it anyway, because I don't think it would be a responsible
attitude.  It would be breaking the rules and I'm all against breaking
the law.  Either you respect rules or you leave.

The only way to fix this is to change the rules.

--
Jérôme Marant