Re: Aliases for /dev/null: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 03:26:23PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> My question is: when there is a technical issue, but one developer
> refuses to discuss it with tech-ctte or anyone else, can tech-ctte get
> involved?

Yes.

> It does, but I recall in the past being told that tech-ctte doesn't
> get involved unless both developers in a dispute agree there is a
> dispute worth the tech-ctte's decision.

That's a good heuristic, but not an absolute rule.

If there's no technical conflict, there is no reason for the committee
to be involved.

If there's a conflict, but one of the developers is inactive, that
could be a situation where the committee needs to get involved (but
typically the result there would be an orphaned package, so this isn't
a particularly likely situation).

--
Raul