Re: Aliases for /dev/null: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:55:21AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> No, the question is whether a developer (by never acting) can avoid
> tech-ctte review of his work.

What work?

A developer who never acts would have no work to review.  The technical
committee would thus never have any reason to override any decisions
this developer made -- because there would be no such decisions.

In general, a developer who ensures that changes are made in a backwards
compatible fashion is not likely to cause problems where the technical
committee has to step in.  But that's not "never acting".  Sometimes that
means "taking a great deal of action".

There is another side to this (the "clean up cruft" side), but mostly
debian developers are competent enough that they don't create technical
conflicts.  [Not entirely -- it could be argued that Sarge is taking so
long to release because of technical conflicts, but these tend to be
more of "we need to figure out what to do" than "A says we need to do
X and B says we need to do Y, but we can't do both X and Y".]

All you have to do to avoid the tech committee stepping in is make sure
your problems get resolved reasonably.  Most people seem to be able to
do this.

--
Raul