Re: Aliases for /dev/null: Clarification about krooger's platform

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> What work?
>
> A developer who never acts would have no work to review.  The technical
> committee would thus never have any reason to override any decisions
> this developer made -- because there would be no such decisions.

I have in mind, for example, the ifupdown script.  The maintainer has
not made a maintainer upload for years, and so maintenance of the
package has been proceding by NMU.  But NMUs cannot do more than fix a
few kinds of crucial bugs.  It is clear that the maintainer doesn't
want to maintain this package and has had other priorities for a long
time.  There is nothing wrong with this.  Other people have
volunteered to maintain the package, and been rebuffed or ignored.

Thomas