Re: I cannot vote.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 07:37:45PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:05:51 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> said:
>
> > Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
> >> For what it is worth, devotee did get an email grom tb, and his
> >> name appears on the voters list at
> >> http://master.debian.org/~srivasta/gr_declassification_voters.txt
> >>
> >> An ack was also sent by devotee.
>
> > Yes, this is correct, after I sent a vote by a different route.  It
> > was not because the mistake was found.  (Which was, as I noted, a
> > subtle syntax error in the message headers I was generating.)
>
>         Err, you sent messages with:
>  From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@debian.org>
>         Which is not valid RFC 2822 syntax.

As an aside, for anyone watching at home who wonders why the above isn't
valid syntax, it's because of the comma (no, I did not know this either
before I looked at the RFC again).  Turns out, From: lines can be a *list*
of addresses from which the message originates (although I'd imagine that
MUA support for that feature is patchy at best), and, of course, the items
in the list are comma separated.  So, to your RFC2822 parser, the above
address really looks something like this (although the below probably isn't
RFC2822-valid, unless it allows multiple From: lines, which I have no idea
about):