Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:28:09 +0200, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> said:

> to, 2005-12-01 kello 09:04 -0600, Manoj Srivastava kirjoitti:
>> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:35:02 +0200, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi>
>> said:
>>
>> > I like the proposed GR by Anthony Towns. I don't think it is
>> > against our constitution, and I don't see how it can be breaking
>> > any trust, since the authors and other affected people can
>> > prevent publication.
>>
>> It is not at all clear to me that if my post was fully quoted by
>> another, then my wishes to have that quote redacted would be
>> honored. I may request it to be, and this shall be "taken into
>> consideration", but does that mean that the request should be
>> honored?

> I think it is obvious that it should be. It's your e-mail even when
> it's being quoted.

        Err, no. This is my email. Not your email. Not
 Shakespeare's.  I get to decide whether a mail like this one gets to
 be declassified, not the Bard of Avon. So, if it is implied in aj's
 proposal that bits are to be redacted from mails in which they are
 quoted, then I think it should be specified -- already people are
 taking opposing sides on this issue, who knows where futur delegates
 may end up interpreting the current wording?

        Manoj
 "To be or not to be, that is the question".
--
Support Mental Health.  Or I'll kill you.