Re: GR Proposal 2: Declassification of -private

On Monday 21 November 2005 12:00 pm, MJ Ray wrote:
> I'm amazed anyone considers otherwise. It's unethical to publish
> things that debian promised to keep private. I think it also leaves
> us wide open to accusations of infringing copyright.

In the final analysis, does debian-private "own" any of the posts it contains
in the sense that it can block the original authors (quoted or otherwise)
from releasing the information? There is no contractual obligation (that I'm
aware of) that one must keep debian-private secret at least in the sense of a
true non-disclosure agreement.

Should we just create a system where Debian-Private authors can authorize
messages (3 years or otherwise) and they are automatically made publicly
available. Is there a legal barrier to creating such a system, GR or no GR?

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
Brainfood, Inc.