Re: Question about Anthony Towns rebutting Branden Robinson

I concurr.

I find AJ rebuttal on that specific point outrageous:

I am a SPI contributing member since 2001. By my reckon:

1) Branden is the only candidate that has contributed to SPI management.

2) Branden is by far the SPI contributor that has done the most for SPI
since 2001.

3) Branden become the treasurer at a point when SPI situation was awful.
The second previous treasurer having lost all the papers. Branden worked
hard to fix the situation. However, he always claimed he was not the
perfect fit for the job. No one stepped to replace him.

4) In January 2004, he asked to be replaced. At that point SPI situation
was mostly sane.

5) In February, he was replaced by Jimmy Kaplowitz (who was the only
candidate).

6) The board take no real action until 6 month later. During that time
donation were not processed, but Branden was not the Treasurer.

7) In August, Branden become Deputy Treasurer, and until recently he
has done much of the SPI work (because donations was still getting to
his mailbox).

Independantly of Branden, who is pretty apt to defend himself, we
should be also concerned about SPI: this rebuttal does not encourage
candidate DPL to contribute to SPI since that could be used to smear
them. This is a shame.

So, Anthony, I don't know if you can change your rebuttal, but if you can
I would suggest you to remove that part.

Also, I suggest rebuttals to be restricted to the plateforms of the other
candidates, not the persons (which are already known when drafting the
plateforms).

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.