[andreas@schuldei.org (Andreas Schuldei)] Re: Question to candidates that signed the Vancouver plan as candidate DPL

Forwarded to the list at Andreas' request.

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:48:32PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> So this isn't really a James Troup question, it's a question of how
> much screw-up is necessary before a delegation should be yanked?

This depends on many factors.
* Has the person shown interest in reforming herself?
* Are there reasons why she acts like this?
* What reasons are those?
* Does she need help?
* Is she willing to accept help?
* Is the task at hand in accord to her talents, motivations and her
  temperament?
* Can the task be changed to fit her better?
* Is she in some personal crisis, so she would need time to
  recuperate?
* Did I as her leader try to reach out to her?

There is a point where one has to draw a line, however and
conclude that both sides are served better by looking for other
areas to contribute for her.

Such decisions are always hard and not easy to reach. I would
expect to spend some time with my fellow members of the DPL team
pondering the situation before making such a suggestion.

--- End Message ---