Re: other candidates opinion about project scud

Angus Lees <angus.lees@urnet.com.au> writes:

> In fact, I worry that attempting to formalise this arrangement
> brings new problems, such as dispute resolution, unclear areas of
> responsibility, opaque team member selection processes and further
> separation between average developers and "management". In short:
> with the scud team, there *is* a cabal.

I don't see anything particularly formal about the scud team.

> > If you were elected DPL, would you also form a similar team? Why (not)?
>
> Not a formalised team no for the reasons given above.  I would of
> course consult with others on any important matter and I may consult
> with some of them on more than one occasion.
>
> And yes, its likely that some of the people I feel I should consult
> might be members of the proposed DPL team.

Sounds as if it's unclear what the areas of responsibility would be,
the process for selecting those people to ask for are opaque, etc.

In other words, I think the "project scud" idea, of which a lot more
has been made than it really seems to involve, is *less* opaque and
*clearer* because it's above board and on the table instead of being
behind-the-scenes and unannounced.

Thomas