Re: other candidates opinion about project scud

[Apologies for the delayed response, your post did indeed get lost in
 the noise (not helped by some gmane silliness)]

At Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:56:17 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> What is your opinion about the proposed DPL team? Where do you see
> problems with this approach? What are the key benefits?

Quoting from my rebuttal:

Deserving special mention, two of the candidates this year are members
of the proposed "scud team". At first glance, it seems a reasonable
idea---teams have helped in other areas of Debian before. It does not
take much thought, however, to realise that previous DPLs have never
made decisions alone and the team has no actual benefit over existing
practice. In fact, I worry that attempting to formalise this
arrangement brings new problems, such as dispute resolution, unclear
areas of responsibility, opaque team member selection processes and
further separation between average developers and "management". In
short: with the scud team, there *is* a cabal.

> If you were elected DPL, would you also form a similar team? Why (not)?

Not a formalised team no for the reasons given above.  I would of
course consult with others on any important matter and I may consult
with some of them on more than one occasion.

And yes, its likely that some of the people I feel I should consult
might be members of the proposed DPL team.

--
 - Gus