Re: Question: Do you have the time to be DPL?

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 03:04:26PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> Given the DPL's role involves a fair amount of travel, speaking, giving
> interviews to the press, etc, do you think that you will have sufficient
> time to do a good job as DPL given your other commitments to Debian?

I believe so.  I expect the monthly reports I have pledged to make to the
developers to generate feedback that will help keep me committed to this
objective.

> How do you see your other responsibilities within Debian suffering as a
> result of you being elected DPL?

They don't necessarily have to suffer.  My most critical packages are
team-maintained, not maintained by me exclusively.

> Why is Debian better served by having you as DPL rather than in your
> current role?

Debian has bigger problems to face than technical flaws in packages I
maintain or co-maintain.  As I argued in my platform[1], I have more to
offer the Debian Project than simply technical competence in package
maintainership.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~branden/dpl/campaign/2005/platform.xhtml#s4

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit