Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote: [...]
> Well, here's a simple train of thought:
>   (1) Hrm, ftpmaster aren't doing things as quickly as normal.
>   (2) Gosh, that probably means they're really busy.
>   (3) I wonder what I could do that would help.

I can't see why one would make the jump from 1 to 2 without
more knowledge of ftpmaster's curent situation than most DDs
usually have. I think a jump to "(2) This isn't a high enough
priority to be addressed now" is more likely and results in a
different track. If you don't like that, the way to change it
is information, IMO.

I don't think your second train of thought is likely, nor the
one we've seen often, unless you see anyone concluding that
they disagree with your priorities as "Oh, that's right, because
they're in the Cabal and don't care about us peons. Bastards."