Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:27:36AM -0800, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> >As someone who is
> >both an ftpmaster and a DPL candidate, could you also tell us what
> >resources you (or the ftpmasters as a group, if you believe it's
> >appropriate to speak for them) would appreciate?
>
> The most valuable thing I can think of would be to not have to have some
> flame or another continually burning on the lists about how ftpmaster

Well, you seem to mention mostly the flames, but forget about the fact that
most reasonable mails to the ftp-master email address also get fully unreplied
too, even when like it happened to me recently, the request involved something
relatively time-critical with the debain-installer rc3 schedule.

I understand that flames are entirely out of order, and me asking for the
question to be debated was not aimed at creating a new flamewar on the
subject, but because i really believe we have a problem in this field, and one
which can at times create undue delay at critical moments of our release
process or the release process of individual small-teams.

Friendly,

Sven Luther