Re: Question for candidate Towns

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> Well, here's a simple train of thought:
>
>   (1) Hrm, ftpmaster aren't doing things as quickly as normal.
>   (2) Gosh, that probably means they're really busy.
>   (3) I wonder what I could do that would help.
>
> Here's a train of thought that doesn't work so well:
>
>   (1) Hrm, ftpmaster aren't doing things as quickly as normal.
>   (2) Not that that's very quick anyway.
>   (3) Why the hell isn't there an explanation somewhere about the change
>       somewhere?
>   (4) Oh, that's right, because they're in the Cabal and don't care about
>       us peons. Bastards.
>   (5) GAR! What can I do to make them hurry up and do what I want?

Here's third one:

  (1) Hrm, ftpmaster aren't doing things as quickly as normal.
  (2) Not that that's very quick anyway.
  (3) Why the hell isn't there an explanation somewhere about the change
      somewhere?
  (4) What could we do to get the information?
  (4a) Let's ask on -devel ==> here we go, an other flamewar

  (4b) -

I don't know what a better 4b could be.

>> I've no grudge against ftpmaster.
>
> Then how about doing the courtesy of not using ftpmaster as a perfect
> opportunity to discuss "inadequate teams"?

What I, and as I understand it also others, try to discuss is not
"inadequate teams", but "inadequate flow of information inside the
Debian Project".  Which is a topic that should _not_ be addressed at the
ftpmaster team - but seems well addressed at a DPL candidate who has
experience with the team that currently is one of the points where this
missing flow of information shows up.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster