Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

Op za, 05-03-2005 te 08:48 +0100, schreef Sven Luther:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:59:16PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> >
> > > I have some real trouble with the fact that all the work i do for debian is
> > > reported to the US secret services or whatever by the ftp-masters and our
> > > archive handling services, and i certainly did *NOT* agree to this being the
> > > case.
> >
> > What are you talking about?  Debian prohibits anonymous developers,
> > always has; for the longest time this was the only real restriction on
> > joining Debian: you had to find a few other Debian developers to
> > verify you had a real ID.
>
> Yep, but there is a difference between the information being available, and it
> being actively feeded to the NSA or whoever.

You're making a fool of yourselves.

The information isn't being actively fed to the NSA; it's being actively
fed to a database housed in some administrative building owned by the US
department of finances, or something like that.

Even if it were; do you really think "the NSA or whatever" doesn't
already have a file on many Debian Developers, even without the
information being actively fed to them?

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks