Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> >Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> wrote:
> >> Because you refuse to subscribe to our list or read DWN for ideological
> >> reasons.
> >I think you'll find many DDs aren't subscribed to your list or reading DWN.
> *yawn* And they're also not the ones complaining about lack of
> communications. Are you being *deliberately* obtuse?

This thread *started* with debian-women contributors complaining about
lack of communication. Are you being deliberately forgetful? See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00014.html

I heard a rumour that krooger did not consult because he is
banned from their IRC and mailing list. I checked the IRC because
I know how to do that and the banlist shows
*** #debian-women *!*@s142-179-93-180.bc.hsia.telus.net sagan.freenode.net 1109973537
which is a host that krooger recently posted from. I can't find the
host sagan.freenode.net to get the real setter and timestamp. I think
he should have tried harder, but debian-women might have deliberately
cut communications with krooger (for good reasons) which makes
the "clarification" even more OTT.

How long do debian bans last? I checked the Developers
Reference and list code of conduct and the only sanction I
noticed is for advertising. Is there general advice about this?

One thing that worries me is that this is almost an incentive
for sock puppets, to leave the baggage of past mistakes behind
and present oneself as shiny new each time. If krooger was more
devious, we would never have known who he was. At least we have
some idea what he stands for beyond his platform.

--
MJR/slef