Re: Aliases for /dev/null: Clarification about krooger's platform

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> I think it's far more important for people working on Debian to focus
> their attention on improving our operating system; if "Mark J Ray" is a
> correct variant of your name, no matter how bastardised, I don't think
> it's worth worrying about changing that to "MJ Ray" while there are
> things on the TODO list that effect development directly.

I've had everything from refusals to sign my gpg key (3 or 4)
to being misnamed in documents (twice) because of that error,
all of which take time I could spend on Debian and the silence
of admin@db makes me dislike the project a bit more.  It's not
direct, but a happy project is a more productive project, yes?

If a task isn't going to be done by a delegate, let it be done
by anyone or explain the barrier on the help pages (like enable
chfn on gluck). In general, even a "we'll deal with this last"
from people would avoid DDs feeling in limbo. admin@db could
be hit by a truck, and it would make no difference to some:
but how many?

> > 2. How would the candidate deal with complaints? Is it part
> > of the DPL's role, in your opinion? If not, whose?
> Every item in the bug tracking system is a complaint,

OK, and what about the tasks not in the BTS? Should they be added?