Aliases for /dev/null: Clarification about krooger's platform

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > Mark, [...]

That reminds me of one thing that has annoyed me during tbm's
leadership (sorry tbm! You have done most things well):
it has been very difficult to correct the bastard form of
my name listed on db.d.o that was caused by a misconfigured
mailserver years ago. The admin@db address seems like an alias
for /dev/null and the DPL directed a complaint back to it. This
is why I suspect ftpmaster is a particular instance of some
more general problem. At the moment, is there a constititional
loophole that one can avoid tech-ctte overruling one (the only
time complaints are mentioned) by never acting?

1. Will DPL candidates try to address delegate communication
in general? Deal with each case individually?

2. How would the candidate deal with complaints? Is it part
of the DPL's role, in your opinion? If not, whose?

I note Branden's 2004 platform answers 2 in part and it's one
of the few places "complaint" is found on the main web site.

As ever, this is just a point-observation which might be wildly
atypical. I don't really interact with DPL as DPL very often.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.