Re: Vote Robinson for DPL!

On Sunday 20 February 2005 5:23 am, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Ironically, he did so in a relatively small forum without public archive
> (iirc) but you brought the issue up yourself on a mailing list, with > 400
> people subscribe and a public archive that will end up on Google.
>
> So, if you only want to document bad behaviour in connection to Brainfood,
> you did well, Google will catch up on this.
>
> If you just wanted to get the issues "straight" you seem to have failed
> and created an interesting connection on search engines.
>
> See, there are reasons private mailing lists exist, and they don't
> violate the DFSG.

The obfuscation continues! Let's not get caught up in the actual problems I'm
trying to put on the table. Let's stay focused on the fact that discussing
mistakes and the efforts to correct them makes you persona non grata.

Silence dissent! The status quo is dandy! Shut up and be "nice"!

> *sigh*  And you've got this documented publically.  Well done...

God forbid that we should discuss the failings of our organizational
infrastructure publicly. Debian must carefully guard SPI's public image by
carefully concealing its inability to do basic bookkeeping. Of course, we
have this whole notion of transparency and "not hiding problems", but those
feel-good notions are only skin deep. When it comes to *real* mistakes we
must carefully keep them out of google, out of public lists and hidden from
view. I know that's what I signed up for.

Cheers!

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com