Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:30:03PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > I don't recall you complaining at the time about the title or
> > > description.
>
> > Perhaps because nobody ever hinted that the resolution would cause the
> > release manager to change things? Heck, I didn't see any hints that the
> > resolution _could_ cause any such thing.
> >
> > (I'm not subscribed to -vote so if it was mentioned there I missed it,
> > but then, at least half the voting body isn't subscribed to it, either,
> > nor should it have to be.)
>
> Anthony himself told that very plain on -vote, but in a mail in the
> non-free-removal thread that was killfiled at that time by most people
> reading -vote.

Great... I went and checked the archive, and there is indeed nothing of the
sort in neither the thread that started at [1] nor the one that started at
[2]. There are literally thousands of messages in the mailing list archive
for -vote during the period listed in the vote records, and I could only
find this[3] under a slightly differently named thread, and only after I
have now explicitely searched for aj's posts. Overall I just can't come to
the conclusion that voters who failed to catch this information[4] before
it came into effect brought it all onto themselves.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/01/msg01526.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/01/msg01192.html