Re: Discussions in Debian

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 07:15:49AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > [You have quite neatly just demonstrated what "argumentum ad hominem"
> > > actually is, though].
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:05:08PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Do you have that phrase on a macro key yet?
>
> He was right that time.

No, he wasn't. An ad hominem argument appeals to non-rational things,
whereas Hamish pointed out two facts: that Andrew started two general
resolutions and that both of them were rather divisive. Each of these can
be verified elsewhere. If the conclusion that this was hipocrisy is an
ad hominem argument, then I guess we shouldn't ever use that word again
because it's implicitly ad hominem or something?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.