Hi,

* Chris Cheney (ccheney@cheney.cx) [040714 19:25]:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:22:02PM +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> >
> > Chris Cheney wrote:
> > | More private discussion with whom ourselves? ftpmaster refuses to
> > | comment on any email sent them, the only way I managed to get Daniel to
> > | respond was that he was already asking me questions on irc about an
> > | unrelated matter, so I essentially trapped him into responding.
> >
> > I'm glad you said 'trapped' because that's exactly what you did. That, and
> > breaking the confidence of a private off-hand remark in an otherwise
> > unrelated private discussion in which I was taking time out of processing
> > NEW packages in order to help you with the fact that a package you uploaded
> > was worthy of rejecting and yet I was prepared to work with you to solve
> > the
> > issue without you having to wait through NEW again.
> >
> > It seems though, that I have at least learned my lesson now. I shall never
> > again attempt to assist you nor tell you anything in private; for fear that
> > anything I say will be used against me or my colleagues.
> >
> > Do you make a habit of telling the world about things said to you in
> > private
> > or am I just an exception?

> I'm glad you have made it abundantly clear that ftpmaster had no
> intention to communicate about the amd64 issue at all. Some people had
> been using our conversation that I mentioned as proof that ftpmaster can
> sometimes be reasonable.

could you please try to not interpret things in Daniel's mail he didn't
say? He didn't tell anything about his intentions to communicate about
amd64, but just that he doesn't like it if private off-hand remarks
are cited in public. And, if this communication was really private
(and I have no doubt about that, as you didn't disagree with this
statement), I can understand Daniel perfectly well. Please accept that
most people doesn't like to get private communication cited in
public, and I definitly would stop to give private remarks to somebody
who might cite them in public.

So, please reconsider this situation, and consider what you would do
if somebody cites private remarks of you about amd64 in the public.
Would you be happy about that?

There are really a lot of things I'm not entirly happy about (and I
have often enough spoken about things I'm not happy with), but that
doesn't mean that any action is allowed.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/