Re: Proposal - Statement that Sarge will follow Woody requirement for main.

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> schrieb:

> On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 04:35:58PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 08:27:02PM -0500, Graham Wilson wrote:
>> > How about:
>> >
>> >  We, Debian developers, issue the statement:
>> >
>> >  "On the question on what software should be allowed in the main section
>> >  of our archive (The official Debian distribution) for our forthcoming
>> >  release code-named Sarge, we resolve that all programs must meet the
>> >  DFSG, and all software must be legally distributable."
>>
>> Are you deliberately using both "software" and "programs", and
>> do you therefore mean different things by them?
>
> Yes. It is deliberate.
>
>> Could you please define them?
>
> By program I mean everything that we formerly required to be distributed
> under the DFSG,

Huh? That's not a definition, especially since all this debate is about
whether our previous formal requirements where different to our current
ones. I think there is no difference in the requirements before 2004-003
and after it. Thus, this "definition" is just circular for me:

"all programs must meet the DFSG", "A program is what we require to meet
the DFSG"...

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie