Re: DFSG#10

On Sun, 23 May 2004 17:19:40 +0200, Tore Anderson <tore@linpro.no> said:

>   Every single one of the GR proposals that's on the table right now
>  seems to me to suggest that the meaning -has- changed, and none
>  speak of the changes as editorial.  That seems to me as a fairly
>  strong indication that people feel Mr. Towns' interpretation to
>  have been the correct one.

>   I'm reluctant to vote for a resolution that acknowledges that the
>  changes made to the social contract were anything but editorial.
>  I'd much rather just override the RM so that the old RC policy is
>  reinstated, in the spite of the fact that is violating the social
>  contract.  But I guess there won't be a fitting option on the
>  ballot for me..

	As an author of one of these proposals, and as an individual
 who still holds that the changes made in GR 2004_003 were
 editorial in nature, I have this to say: despite what you or I
 believe as individuals about the nature of the language chages in the
 previous GR, we are in the current GR process because the release
 policy changed.

	The current proposal merely acknowledges the reality that
 things changed: prior to the GR, we were on our way to releasing
 sarge;  post gr 2004 003, we are not.

	I don't think we can bury our heads in the sand and pretend
 nothing changed -- whether or not we believe anything should have
 changed.

	manoj
--
I could prove God statistically.  -- George Gallup