Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 06:30:25PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:22:22AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Nevertheless, as things stand the decision is made; unless _something_
> > changes, sarge won't release with DFSG-free docs. At present, though,
                                      ^^^^
non-DFSG-free docs, duh.

> > very little is being done to follow through on that.
> I beg to differ. Debian have ongoing discussion with the FSF on this issue,
> see <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/04/msg06892.html> for the
> status. To give a chance to this discussion, we agreed on postponing
> action (splitting of packages, position statement) until the discussion
> reach a conclusion.

The original agreement was superceded by the social contract changes,
and affected more than just GFDL docs. The appropriate reference was
http://people.debian.org/~ajt/sarge_rc_policy.txt. That reference hasn't
been changed to reflect the new social contract, and the new policy isn't
being acted upon yet, since this whole thing's still under discussion,
though.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.