Re: Q: guidelines for post-campaign period?

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:03:08AM -0500, David B Harris wrote:
> Given Manoj's answer which basically says you guys can agree to whatever
> rules of conduct you want, I'd like to ask that you *not* generate any
> new material :) I think a three-week voting period is sensible as it
> allows people to go over logs, mailing list archives, and everything
> else before they make their decision(s).

Could I ask why you "not generating new material" during the voting
period is a good thing?

If we pose questions to the candidates to be answered during this period,
why shouldn't the candidates respond?

Personally, I don't like this request of yours -- I don't see that it
achieves anything positive.  But maybe I'm missing some important issue?

Thanks,

--
Raul