Re: Q: guidelines for post-campaign period?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:34:45 -0500
Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:03:08AM -0500, David B Harris wrote:
> > Given Manoj's answer which basically says you guys can agree to whatever
> > rules of conduct you want, I'd like to ask that you *not* generate any
> > new material :) I think a three-week voting period is sensible as it
> > allows people to go over logs, mailing list archives, and everything
> > else before they make their decision(s).
>
> Could I ask why you "not generating new material" during the voting
> period is a good thing?
>
> If we pose questions to the candidates to be answered during this period,
> why shouldn't the candidates respond?
>
> Personally, I don't like this request of yours -- I don't see that it
> achieves anything positive.  But maybe I'm missing some important issue?

Some people want to make an informed decision, but don't have time to
read hundreds of pages worth of mailing list discussion.

A long voting period withought campaigning allows for people to read
over the material, stew on it for a while, and make an informed
decision.

	   After a while, you realise the pig is enjoying it.

		   OpenPGP v4 key ID: 4096R/59DDCB9F
    Fingerprint: CC53 F124 35C0 7BC2 58FE  7A3C 157D DFD9 59DD CB9F
	  Retreive from subkeys.pgp.net or risk key corruption