Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:08:00 +1100, Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> said:

>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 11:51:49AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
>> > similarly, it's impossible to enforce a "Further Discussion"
>> > option yet it's there on the ballot.
>>
>> So?
>>
>> Maybe it would be clearer if you prefixed that with "Allow for".
>> Even more if you consider that this is a part of a decision making
>> process.
>>
>> Futher Discussion allows for further discussion before any binding
>> decisions are made.
>>
>> Does it make sense to talk about allowing people to shut up?  Does
>> it make more sense to talk about allowing people to shut up before
>> decisions are made?

> are you fucking stupid?  is everyone in debian fucking stupid?  do
> you all have to squabble over the tiniest most pedantically trivial
> things?  for fuck's sake, get a grip - argue all you like over REAL
> things, pick the shit out of REAL holes in people's arguments, but
> don't fucking waste time over stupid bullshit like this.

	I could say the same about your original nit pick about the
 ballot.

> the point, for those of you to stupid to work it out for yourselves
> even after being told TWICE what it is, is that it makes a very nice
> suggestion that it would be good if people just shut the fuck up
> about this subject.  that's it.  that's all.  nothing else.  no more
> can be read into it. and, surprisingly, it will not be enforced by
> debian storm-troopers or black helicopters.

	Could you please take your own advice?

> i really don't know how much simpler i can put it than that.  if
> even that is beyond you, then there is no point in trying again.

>> > and just in case you miss the point of this message: some of us
>> > are sick to death of this topic.
>>
>> So what?

> it would be nice if everyone would just shut the fuck up about it.
> that's "so what".

	And you think introducing posts in the thread with
 vituperative language is likely to be conducive to having people shut
 up? My.

> are you sane?  you seem to make a habit of going off on weird
> non-sequitir tangents that appear to have no relationship to reality
> or to anything that has gone before.

	Asking for a shut up about is option on all ballots is not
 going off on a tangent?

	manoj

--
Fascinating, a totally parochial attitude. Spock, "Metamorphosis",
stardate 3219.8