Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:44:48PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:12:15PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > What i object to is that somehow the non-free removal proponent expect
> > me to set it up, and no, i don't have time for it.
>
> You were repeatedly told that this is not expected of you. If you failed
> to notice that, I am glad to reiterate this for you now.

Well, show me the non-free.org infrastructure then. I have seen nothing
such, and if the vote pass, i will have nowhere to upload my non-free
packages, so altough many people have said that it is not up to me, the
fact have proved the contrary.

Also, i have some misgivings about the long term goals and the
oportunity of having a non-free.org archive setup. I do believe that in
order to achieve a short time victory, the non-free removal candidates
are potentially setting us up for a long term drawback in our goal to
achieve a fully free plateform, including all the vertical
infrastructure, the kernel, the OS, the apps, but also the bios or
firmware below, the hardware drivers and the actual hardware.

Friendly,

Sven Luther