Re: tb's questions for the candidates

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:43:56AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > So, for example, I should be put through n-m again immediately because I
> > haven't been doing regular maintenance of cruft or ifupdown?
> I consider this a good idea, yes. Thanks for that proposal.

Why do you think it's a good idea? It certainly makes sense as a
punishment. Is that your aim?

If not, why do you think it would be anything but a waste of time on my
behalf, or my prospective AM's behalf? Wasting time is exactly what you want
if it's a punishment, but it's exactly what you don't want if you've got some
productive outcome in mind.

Or are you just hoping that I won't be willing to do that, and will quit
the project instead, just as being forced to go through n-m again will
encourage some people not to rejoin the project?

In any event, I trust that you'll be following through on your beliefs,
and aren't just making snide and offensive remarks on mailing lists for
the fun of it. Persuading the DAM to adopt your policy, or proposing a
general resolution are your next steps.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.