Re: "keep non-free" proposal

    Zenaan> On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 06:44, Raul Miller wrote:

    Zenaan> Is there a possibility for a proposal to be put forward to
    Zenaan> distinguish documentation (and licenses) as not being
    Zenaan> "software" but instead a unique concept - that of
    Zenaan> "documentation" <gasp; duck/>??

    Zenaan> That for me would be a next logical step after dropping
    Zenaan> non-free.

ALast time I checked, we cared about our users and their needs.  I bet
our users would rather us decide that GFDLed documentation can stay
even if non-free goes before we drop non-free if we're ever going to
drop non-free.

It serves no one's interest to drop non-free from the social contract
and then later to go back and add an exemption for GFDLed
documentation.  If you believe the exemption is reasonable, do that
first.

Personally, I tend to favor keeping non-free (possibly with a narrowed
scope) and so I'm not interested in helping you add such an exemption.
But please consider our users and the practical impact of decisions
before making them.

--Sam