Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 06:52:47PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Because I consider that Debian should not be promoting non-free software,
> and having them on our ftp servers and, specially, mentioned in our install
> process is a way of promoting them.

In other words, the reason that you want us to only be distributing
dfsg free software is that you want us to only be distributing dfsg
free software?

If so, thanks for filling me in on that.

If not, maybe you could be a bit more specific?

> Our priorities are our users *and* free software, and I would like
> that to be lived up.

And, apparently, you think free software should be a higher priority
than our users?

I'm still not clear on why you think that's a good idea.  [I understand
that you've dismissed some arguments which would indicate that that's
a bad idea, but that's not really a reason.]

Thanks,

--
Raul