Re: non-free and users?

Anthony Towns wrote:

O.K., I just want to know, what is wrong in your opinion with associated actions regarding non-free programs? Are there some bad consequences, if any, which result from non-free distribution?

No, there aren't. There might be bad consequences from forcing people to use
non-free software; but we're not doing that.

So, in your opinion, distributing of free and non-free produce the same
amount of good. Even more, sometimes it is better to package and
distribute non-free instead of free.

Of course, according to you there are no bad consequences from packaging
and distributing non-free, as well as from packaging and distributing
free. The amount of good does not depend of the license, but sometimes
it is easier to package non-free, so according to you it will be better
to package first such a easy non-free, then free, and since there is
already non-free, which can solve users problem, there is no need to
package free anymore, since it will be just waste of time.

Do you still claim, that it is obvious to you, why other people value
GPL more than non-free? License in your calculations is not taken in
account. Are you sure, that free software have higher priority for your
than non-free?
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov