Re: summary of software licenses in non-free

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:22:04AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-01-11 07:34:37 +0000 Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >No, that's a major PITA to our developers. (I said the above.)
>
> So what were you calling a major PITA to our users, then?

Lots of it. Dealing with a new archive. Dealing with a different
BTS. etc. Especially since it's all con and no pro for those users.

> >Did someone say 124 developers had packages in non-free? That's not an
> >insignificant portion of our developers, you know.
>
> "insignificant" is a noise word unless you define what you see as
> significant.

Well I don't consider 15% or thereabouts to be insignificant.

> >PTS is a developer tool, not a user tool.
>
> I'm sure users use it too. Is there any particular reason it is
> Debian-only?

I was guessing that mostly developers would be interested. Indeed
some users may be and I'm sure they are welcome to use it, and
would find it just as inconvenient if it stopped supporting our
non-free packages.

Hamish