Re: Statistics on non-free usage

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:10:57AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:53:17AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:02:43PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > It hasn't even done that; as I have had to use Java from third-party
> > > repositories at work for some time and have not noticed it being any
> > > lower quality that non-free packages in Debian.
> >
> > ah, because you used it on x86. wasn't that one of the arguments for
> > removing non-free ?
>
> Huh?  I totally do not follow what you're saying here.

See Michael Blank argumentation about non-x86 arch in non-free.

> > > The lack of 1.4 for PowerPC is not really germane; Debian doesn't have
> > > it for PowerPC either and Debian doesn't keep non-i386 archs in sync
> > > either.
> >
> > And how would removing non-free from the debian archives help here.
>
> It wouldn't.  That's why I said it's "not really germane."

Err, another misleading affirmation, actually it was Steve who said that
not you.

It is simply not possible to discuss people who are not honest and try
every trick in the book to come out right, even if they are wrong, as
you evidently are.

Sven Luther