Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Jan 9, 2004, at 20:26, Anthony Towns wrote:

and thus [go a long way]
towards [getting non-free removed from Debian]", then they should want to
setup such an archive.

If I were to set up a non-free archive, complete with BTS, signed uploads, mailing lists, etc., would you support the non-free GR, assuming what I set up is up to your quality standards?

If so, what are your quality standards? If not, who here would change his vote? Does it really advance getting non-free removed?

[ I'm not currently saying I will set up nonfree.org, I don't currently have a machine to do it on, for example. Consider it a hypothetical, with a reasonable chance. And I don't think I'd want to host closed-source commercial software, like our ancient jdk's, communicator, acrobat reader, etc. ]