Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 06:09:36PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:05:52PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Sorry, "insincere ballot options" doesn't parse.  Insincere voting
> > refers to the process of strategically ranking options on a ballot in a
> > way that does not correspond to the voter's true preference.  You must
> > be using the word "insincere" to mean something completely different
> > here.
>
> By "insincere ballot option" I mean an option which does not represent
> the true preference of the people proposing it.

Too late.  That already happened, and both Manoj and I participated in
it.  I'm pretty sure neither of us felt we were doing anything morally
questionable.

Which vote this was is left as an exercise for the reader.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's something wrong if you're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     always right.